In addition to Renting Advice and News, the Tenants’ Union also publishes:
- 2017 Calendar with artwork from our International Tenants’ Day Art Exhibition and Competition – the perfect gift!
- Information Kits for tenants and occupants, containing the most important Factsheets
- Share Housing Booklet ‘Crowded House: A legal guide to share housing’
- Factsheets on a wide range of renting issues
- Tenant News, our newsletter with articles on changes to the law and current issues
- Submissions stating our positions and recommendations on renting and housing matters
- Annual Reports providing an overview of our activities for the year
- Policy Documents such as A Better Lease on Life – developed by the National Association of Tenant Organisations (NATO) and National Shelter in an effort to reduce homelessness through improvements to tenancy laws. The report makes a number of key recommendations to government around the areas of unreasonable evictions, opportunities for tenants to rectify rent arrears, and providing tenancy law protections, which will enable more balanced processess in the rental markets.
All of our publications are available for download, or can be requested using our Order Form.
IMPORTANT NOTE:Tenants’ Union ACT publishes this website as a free service to the public.
This website provides information about the law designed to help users understand their legal rights and obligations. However legal information is not the same as legal advice (the application of law to an individual's specific circumstances). Although we make all efforts to ensure our information is accurate and useful, we recommend you consult the Tenants Advice Service for advice specific to your circumstances. You are also free to consult an independent solicitor for a second opinion.
Please note that this website is NOT intended to be used as a substitute for specific legal advice or opinions and the transmission of this information is NOT intended to create a solicitor-client relationship between the Tenants’ Union ACT and members of the public.
Tenants’ Union ACT makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currency, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. Please note that the information on this site is only relevant to renters in the ACT Please also note when the page was last updated, as the law may have changed.