In addition to Renting Advice and News, the Tenants’ Union also publishes:
- Information Kits for tenants and occupants, containing the most important Factsheets
- Share Housing Booklet ‘Crowded House: A legal guide to share housing’
- Factsheets on a wide range of renting issues
- Tenant News, our newsletter with articles on changes to the law and current issues
- Submissions stating our positions and recommendations on renting and housing matters
- Annual Reports providing an overview of our activities for the year
- National Policy documents the TU has been involved in include:
- A Better Lease on Life – developed by the National Association of Tenant Organisations (NATO) and National Shelter in an effort to reduce homelessness through improvements to tenancy laws. The 2010 report makes a number of key recommendations to government around the areas of unreasonable evictions, opportunities for tenants to rectify rent arrears, and providing tenancy law protections, which will enable more balanced processes in the rental markets. The report is an update of 2004 “Leaking Roofs.
- Unsettled- Life in Australia’s Private Rental Market A 2017 report on a national survey of renters conducted by CHOICE, the National Association of Tenant Organisations (NATO) and National Shelter, commissioned to document issues for tenants that all tenant unions and services see every day. This report provides a clear snapshot of the tenant experience, something that is missing in the national discussion about the housing market.
- Disrupted – The Consumer Experience of Renting in Australia. A 2018 report building on Unsettled.
- Parity – Responding to Homelessness in the ACT – Australia’s national homelessness publication focuses on the ACT, November 2018
All of our publications are available for download, or can be requested using our Order Form.